Monday, December 04, 2006

December 4

We are now in Livingstone, Zambia. Yesterday we went to see Victoria Falls, one of the 7 wonders of the natural world. (We saw a list of some of the other wonders, which included the beach at Rio. Considering what I've heard about the popularity of plastic surgery among beautiful beachgoers there, I'd say it's one of the wonders of the UNnatural world.)

The falls are beautiful. Unexpectedly, they look quite different from Niagara. There's a very long cliff with many, many different waterfalls along the rock. We had to walk for quite a while to see all of them. And we only saw the waterfalls on the Zambia side, not on the Zimbabwe side.

Last night we went on a sunset booze cruise, which turned into a bit of a safari cruise as we saw lots of hippos and a croc, close-by.

Today I'm planning to sit by the pool and sip diet coke and eat grilled cheese sandwiches. I like being on vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home