Monday, November 06, 2006

November 6

I compiled a cookbook with some other WorldTeach volunteers. The recipes are all for dishes using ingredients we can find in Namibia. If anyone wants a copy, just e-mail me and I’ll send it out.

Addendum to the goat story: I've been watching my new furry friend lately. I noticed that this particular goat seems to get into a lot of trouble. It's often lost, eventually finds its mother after much bumbling around, and the mother seems annoyed by it. It seems to be getting in little scrapes around the mission a lot. Then today, I saw her close up and realized that she only has one eye! She must have poor vision, which explains all of these little escapades. I don't know why I never noticed before when I lifted her out of the well; maybe her good-eye side was facing me, or maybe her head was too covered in slime from the well to see any eyes. I hope the eye didn't get injured during her fall into the well.

We had a big event at the school on Saturday, the dedication of some new school buildings. Hundreds of people came for the ceremony and the meat feast afterwards. Some of the VIP guests were government ministers and heroes from the independence movement. I wore a traditional Ovambo skirt...I'll have to ask Inbal to take a photo that we can post on the blog. My friend in southern Namibia said that our event was on t.v. today.

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) I'd like the cookbook, plus some of the home-made brew
2) the goat story would be a cute children's book
3) Did Ig approve the dress?

Dad

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Molly's Gang said...

The dress was Ig-approved. I didn't dare to ask about my shoes, though. He's a bit of a shoe snob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home