Thursday, December 01, 2005

Getting ready

Welcome to our blog. We’re departing for Namibia at the end of December, and we want to use this site as a way to keep in touch with our friends and family back home. I don’t know how often we’ll have internet access in our village, but we’ll post messages and photos here whenever we can. We’ll be teachers at a school in northern Namibia, very close to the Angolan border.

7 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Karen said...

It's coming up fast! I hope you are able to post every once in a while. I'll be watching for news. Can you post a bit more about why you're going/ what you'll be doing if you get a chance? Are you staying for a full year?

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Molly's Gang said...

Hi Kazoo, we'll be there for a full year. We're flying out on Monday! Inbal is teaching computers and he'll be organizing a filmmaking club for students who want to make their own short film. I'll be teaching biology and physical science, and I want to get involved in HIV prevention programs at the school. I tried to send you an e-mail today and there was a delivery failure. Could you e-mail me with your correct address? thanks!

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BON VOYAGE!!!!! We'll be thinking of you both, you global rock stars.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having a great week with Laura and Inbal as they prepare to leave. My job is to plump them both up --- make sure they have some winter fat to get through a year living with only a bottle store for nourishment.

Doug

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a safe arrival! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventure. Take good care and enjoy!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck. keep us posted on what's happening there. nothing to report here.

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I hope your are haveing a good time below the equator. does the water go the other way around when it's going down the drain?
Molly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home